Thursday, April 05, 2007

olga 1, olga 2 and co.

In case I get dementia or lose my memory one day, this is a list of the pets I have owned or co-owned from 1976 to present time:

1976 no name (chocolate dachshund)

1982 Goldie, Lucky, Sunny/Fluffy (?) (3 chicks, later chickens, later mother's chicken soup child-owner refused to eat)

1983 Romeo (baby rabbit, only one not eaten by mother rabbit, died in a cold monsoon night)

1984 no names (a few guppies and a pair of short-lived angel fish)

1984 no name (terrapin, killer of guppies - no more terrapins for me)

1985 Minky (fat hamster, escaped from right side neighbour's house, her husband killed by left side neighbour's German Shepherd dog, Hock Lai)

1987 Tootsie (skinny hamster named after movie, thought to be male, bought to mate with Minky, turned out to be female)

1987 Olga 1, Olga 2, and two other Russian names (goldfish given by friend on birthday)

1992 Snowy or Kit-Kat (stray dog later run over by car 2 months or so after I left Singapore)

1992 Bobby (stray dog found in a drain by my mother, bit me almost every time I came home during univ holidays, also bit my husband on his first visit to our house as my boyfriend)

2001 Milo (black Labrador Retriever mixed with something else, probably Rottweiler)

2003 Mr. Max (Japanese Spitz) and Sara Satchel Funnyface/ Sara Girl (Golden Retriever)

2005 Cherry (Golden Retriever, really my mother's baby)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Plain Forgiven said...

Fight off dementia and memory loss. Buy a Nintendo DS Lite (S$279) and the Brain Age game (S$35), just as I did. As I play the brain games, I can visualise my brain synapses firing away and my prefrontal cortex activating fully. The game is invented by a man from the Land of the Rising Sun, no less. Game for a try the next time we meet up?
Oh yes, you would do very well as a veterinarian, a zoo-keeper or an animal activist. From someone who has never owned a pet so far in her life.

3:27 AM  
Blogger wheyface said...

I am probably too squeamish about blood to be a vet.

"Bring on the nintendo!" the grey cells chirp.

2:25 PM  
Blogger jrk902 said...

that is quite a list! i am truly impressed(from someone who has only had pet rabbits, was nipped in the heel by a dog once & hasn't dared contemplate owning a dog since!)

1:28 AM  
Blogger wheyface said...

Cats - cats are missing from my list.

Actually, I have been trying to establish some kind of informal relationship with a certain ginger cat which has been skulking in and out of our front garden recently. I call him/her Ginger.

Which reminds me: I forgot put in the list the tabby kitten I co-owned with my maternal grandmother for a few weeks when I was probably 8 or 9.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Oolong t said...

咦?你还记得那两只陪你考试的金鱼噢?
捧着它们搭车,真的很“啧恶”,Olga1 & 2晕车,吐了一缸。虽然我没有见证,想起都晕。
后来才知道原来金鱼是被人利用来挡煞的。
tsk tsk tsk...下辈子要还。
养猫,是对的。互不相欠。

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home